Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mind Your Manners-Part 1 (MIND)

Introduction:

Two of the most important thing that a young lady needs to learn about is manners and modesty. We will first talk about manners and then move on to talk about modesty. You may hear your mom, teacher, or another grown tell you to “mind your manners.” So what exactly does mind your manners mean. I am going to try to teach you a brief overview of the importance of manners and how you can apply them in your own life.

M: Manners are important

Manners helps you feel confident and happy, instead of shy or embarrassed

People are nicer and respect me when I use my manners

Manners help me have a kinder heart

I: Introductions

When you first meet someone, smile and say Hello or How are you

Offer you hand, say my name is ……

Use small talk to “break the ice”

N: New Friends:

It is always fun to have everyone involved in the coversation

When you are with a friend and meet someone your friend doesn’t know, make introductions

When you are introducing your age friend to an adult always say the adults name first.

D: Dialing the Phone

Be respectful when you answer the phone

Say: Hello this is “your name” or “your last name’s residence”

When taking a call for someone else ask the person on the other end to wait just a minute

When you are calling a friend, when some answers say, this is “name” may I please speak to.

If someone calls you and it is the wrong number, tell them they are wrong in a polite way.

No comments:

Post a Comment