Monday, January 16, 2012

My Poetry....Hilarious!

I have always liked to write. Even from way back in high school, I enjoyed writing...even if it was terrible and so very cheesey! Today, I was going through some of my documents looking for a specific file and I came across these jewels! Below are some "poems" that I wrote from high school through Seminary (1991-2002).


Poem One

Who Would You Choose

(high school- 1991 to 1995)

There is a boy I know and I love him so, I am not sure If he likes me or her

She is my best friend, I don’t know what I would do if he should choose her over me

If he did pick her, I’m not sure what I would do

Because she is my best friend

If he chose her, my heart would be there to mend

I love him so, I wander if he knows who to choose

I love him so but she is my best friend

I don’t know what to do, who would you choose?



Poem Two

(high school)

Why do I sit here and cry. I’ve always put my heart into every relationship I start

You don’t know how much my heart broke when you wrote me that note.

I guess you were trying to even the score, Lets not write notes anymore

You have the win

But if I ever had another chance to begin

I would hove you all over again



Poem Three

Love and Pain

(college- 1995 to 1999)

Love and Pain, Why are these two things the same

Why does love hurt so much

Who would think of such

But what is it all about

Love is great, but it doesn’t last

Son it will all be in the past

Because it seems every time you love someone, they just leave you out to dry

Soon that day comes when you have to say goodbye

It’s always ok to cry

Love and Pain are just the same

If you love someone you sometimes have to loose them to realized why

Love hurts so much



Poem Four

Guy I Love

(college)

I know this guy that I will love forever, I only wish we were still together.

I felt so special when an older man took my hand

Then this year I saw him with another girl

I had to shed a tear because I fear he will never love me again



Poem Five

Children

(seminary-200-2002)

Children.

They are the toothless smile of a five year old little boy.

They are the innocent laughter of a two year old little girl who has discovered the joy of bubbles

Their smiles can brighten our day and their little hugs can melt our hearts



Poem Six

Looking at the Sunset

(seminary)

Looking at the sunset and remembering how we met

Running through a field and catching fire flies

Looking up at the stars and wondering why

Why?

Why did God bring you to me?

How I long I had dreamed

How many tears did flow

But oh how I could never see

See that God had a perfect plan

God was creating a Godly man

A man who was after God’s own heart

A man whose love will never depart

Oh bring him to me

Let with my very eyes see

The one who is better then them all

The one by whose name I will be called



Poem Seven

No Matter What

(seminary)

Who would you die for?

Your dad, your mom, your big sister or little brother?

Maybe your girlfriend, wife, boyfriend, husband

But would you die for that ex-boyfriend who kissed your best friend, or that one who assaulted you or an abusive parent.

Jesus did just that. He died for the Roman soldier who whipped him

He died for Judas who sold his soul for thirty pieces

He died for Peter who denied him

Jesus died for you. He died for you no matter what you have done or said or thought

Won’t you allow Him to come and make you whole and love you no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment