Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tending Sheep

"There is still the youngest, Jesse answered, "but he is tending the sheep". 1st Samuel 16:11

David was the youngest, the smallest, least likely to be the king. When Samuel came to his house to annoint the new king of Israel, David was last on the list! But God whispered into Samuel's ear, "he is the one, that will lead my people." Even though David was doing a dirty, disgusting, mundane task, God chose him as the new king.

I know that I have been called by God to serve Him with my life. Yet, right now I am in a season of life that is consumed with Little People, Elmo, The Fresh Beat Band and Disney Princesses! Everyday, my life is seemingly consumed with mundane or insignificant activities. I spend most of my days, cleaning house, changing diapers, cooking meals and the many concerns of a stay at home mom. But every morning I take the time spend time in the word and to get on my face and pray to God to help me glorify Him in all of these daily chores. Even though right now I am not standing in front of thousands, in the trenches in the "scary part of the world", or working at a mega church, God is still using me every day. My ministry right now is to raise, teach, disciple and love my daughter so that when she grows up, she will love the Lord with all her heart, soul, mind and spirit.

What had God called you to do today? Don't miss out on a blessing that God desires to give you because you feel like you are just tending sheep!

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Abbey!! Just came across your blog tonight for the first time. Are you doing the Beth Moore study on David? I'm right in the middle of it and am loving it! Thanks for the encouragement! Blessings to you!
    -Joy McKibben Burrow

    ReplyDelete