Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day 2011





















1st Samuel 1:11, "And she made a vow, saying, “LORD Almighty, if you will only look on your servant’s misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a child, then I will give that child to the LORD for all the days of its life!"

For a year and a half of tears, tantrums, prayer and needle pricks I cried out to the Lord for a child. My husband and I married a little bit older in age then some of our other friends so we were not going to wait too long to start a family. After being married for just a few months we began the journey towards parenthood. Since I took 6th grade science at Greenville Middle School and learned about the "birds and the bees", I knew that "A" plus "B" equals "C".

I thought conceiving and having a child would be easy. Little did I know the journey God would take our little family. After a year and a half of much crying, prayers, and modern medicine I became pregnant. When I did, I thought whew the hard part is over. Then ten weeks before my due date, my precious Ava decided to make her entrance into the world. My first glimpse of my little, tiny daughter was through the glass of an incubator. She had all types of tubes, wires and IV's coming out of her two pound body. During the 57 long days that my sweet Ava was in the NICU, God taught me about his faithfulness, grace, mercy and strength. Today I celebrate Mother's Day by being so very thankful for the miracle little girl with whom my mighty, loving, powerful Lord and Savior blessed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment