Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I Don't Have Enough Time!

Last week I was the guest blogger on www.househoncho.com


I DON’T HAVE ENOUGH TIME!
Read Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens . . . He has made everything beautiful in its time.

When I was in the 3rd grade, I participated in the most important event in my young life, the Mitchell Road Elementary Talent show. I walked up boldly onto the newly waxed, wood stage in my lavender overalls. When I got to the microphone I belted out, “In His time, in His time, He makes all things beautiful in His time!"

I never would have thought that more than twenty years later, I would be using that song as the inspiration for my housekeeping. The song, “In His Time,” is taken from Ecclesiastes 3:11. In the verse we see that God makes all things, our lives, beautiful in His time. We can use this verse as inspiration in making our homes, families, schedules and daily chores beautiful all in the right time.

Just as God is a God of order and time, we as followers of Him, should also be orderly and use our time wisely. Below I have listed the schedule that I use, and I hope that you will find it useful.

Monday: Laundry, Make Grocery List, Clean Kitchen
Tuesday: Dust and Vacuum House, Go grocery shopping
Wednesday: Clean Bathrooms
Thursday: Vacuum and Mop house, Laundry day again
Friday: Dust blinds, baseboards and chairrailing

Do not be intimidated or frustrated by the schedule. It is just a guide, a road map that you can use on your journey to have an orderly home.

No comments:

Post a Comment