Friday, October 8, 2010

Proverbs 31 woman: Post #4

So far we have seen that the Proverbs 31 woman gives validation to her husband and also provides for her family. Now let’s look at verses 17-19. In these verses we see that this amazing woman has DETERMINATON IN HER WORK. In all she does she does it to the best of her ability. Remember the scripture, “Do all things to the Glory of God… In everything you do in your house whether it is a changing a diaper, cleaning the kitchen for the 100th time or folding laundry, do each job as if you are doing it for the Lord. This verse helps me when I start getting frustrated with doing with the same daily tasks over and over again and feeling like the daily chores are never going to be accomplish. One thing that has helped me is to do one or two jobs each day, instead of doing every job on one day, I spread the load out. I pick one or two jobs to do on a certain day each week

Monday: Laundry, Make Grocery List, Clean Kitchen
Tuesday: Dust and Vacuum House, Go grocery shopping, because my daughter is in MMO and it is easier to go grocery shopping w/o my little helper!
Wednesday: Clean Bathrooms
Thursday: Vacuum and Mop house, Laundry day again
Friday: Dust blinds, baseboards and chairrailing


A resource that has helped me is a book, “More Hours In My Day” by Emilie Barnes. It has been a great book to help me get my life organized and not be overwhelmed with trying to keep a clean house….especially with a 21 month old running around! In the book it gives a plan to keep up with weekly chores, monthly chores and yearly chores. That way you don’t get five years down the road and think…when was the last time I cleaned the windows, or cleaned out that closet.

Finally what I do daily to make sure I do not get overwhelmed with the clutter and chaos of a household is that I TAKE 15. What does that mean?? At the end of each day I take 15 minutes after my daughter has gone to bed, to pick up the house and get things ready for the next morning. I make my list for the next day, make my daughters lunch-if it is an MMO day, lay out my clothes, pull out meat for dinner the next day, and most importantly, get the coffee pot set! That way when I wake up in the morning I feel like I am a little ahead of the game…at least for a little bit!

As we look on in the passage we look at verse 20 and see that the Proverbs 31 woman HAS COMPASSION ON THOSE IN NEED.
Verse 20 states that she opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. The New testament even talks about it in (Luke 12:48 , From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.) With all that this woman has to do in her life, she still takes time to help the needy. This can be done by taking can goods to the local food bank, donating baby clothes to a crisis pregnancy center or even just taking a meal to a sick friend. It is important to teach our children how to be generous because children do not know how to share…it is something that has to be taught. I can testify to that as the mother of an almost two year old, whose new favorite word is MINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment