Thursday, October 7, 2010

Proverbs 31 Woman- Post #3

As we look at verses 10-12, (read passage) we see how the Proverbs 31 woman GIVES VALIDATION to her husband. Just like we as women need to feel love and accepted, men on the other hand thrive on respect. If we look at one of the most famously quoted scripture on the relationship between a husband and a wife, Ephesians 5: 22-28; We see a list of how each partner should conduct themselves in the marriage. But look closely. Lets read this passage of scripture together.

Ephesians 5:22-28
22Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

In this passage we see that we are called to submit/respect our husband, but first our husbands are to love us and be willing to die for us…just like Christ gave His life for us. Makes submitting a little bit easier doesn’t it?


Now let’s take a look at verses 13-16 (read passage), we see in this passage of scripture that a Proverbs 31 woman MAKES PROVISIONS for her family. She provides food and adds to the finances of the family. We all have a skill whether you can sew cute clothes, pant portraits, do someone taxes or tutor a friend’s child. Even a stay at home moms, you and I can do a small job that can bring in finances into your family. But what if you feel overwhelmed with the day to day (like me), of keeping the house together and the kids at their places, you can add to your household finances, by being a budgeter and a couponer.
One thing that I do to both help with the finances and provide food for my family, is I do meal planning. I do know people that are better than me at this and can plan meals for a month, but it works better for me to stick to doing a week or two weeks at a time.

This is my routine that I try to use.
1. I buy the Sunday Paper
2. I look at www.southernsavers.com
3. Pull out coupons from the Sunday Paper
4. Get out my menu lists/recipe cards
5. Pick and choose recipes based on the specials at the store I like to shop…for me that is Kroger and look at the coupons
6. I plan my menus for dinners for that week or two weeks. I usually cook Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. We have left overs on Wednesday and Friday. Saturday and Sunday are flexible. Sometimes I cook, sometimes we go out.
7. For breakfasts and lunches, I use the coupons and weekly specials, “red tag sales, etc in order to save the most money

No comments:

Post a Comment