Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bring the Rain

"Bring me joy, bring me peace, give me a chance to be free, give anything that brings you GLORY. I know there will be days, when this life brings me pain, but if that’s what it takes to praise you, Jesus bring the rain." "Bring the Rain, Mercy Me.

This is one of my favorite songs. It captures in words so eliquently, how I desire to live my life, even in through trials and tribulations. Many times in my daily life, as I strive to be a Godly woman, wife, mother, daughter, friend, I feel as if I take one step forward, just to take three steps backwards. I have people in my life that tell me "how strong I am", "what a great adult I have turned into", "you are doing such a great job!" My answer to them is just like the song says. My strength comes from the Lord and from knowing and experiencing His faithfulness through the years. How can I disgrace or walk away from the ONE who has satisfied all my needs and desires throughout my life? He has been faithful to me through both the good and the bad times.

The other day I was reading in Job, about how Satan asked God to test Job and see if he loved the Lord only because God blessed Him but would not be faithful and serve God if his situation was hard. I pray that I can be like Job, that even if things are tough in my life and I don’t understand, I will serve and love the Lord with all my heart, soul and mind!.

No comments:

Post a Comment