Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The not so perfect quiet time

     When I was single and in my twenties, I used to have epic quiet times.   I had graduated from both a Christian College and a Christian Seminary (are you impressed yet?) and I just knew that the only way God was going to bless my days was if I had forty five minute to an hour quiet time.  If I did not perfectly fill in all the blanks in my Bible study, somehow my day would be wrecked!  
    
     Now as a mom of a six year old and a two year old, having that managed morning quiet time can be a little bit challenging.  Yet, I know that if I do not start my day in prayer and Bible study (even if just for a few minutes), that chaos will ensue in both my heart and in my home.  There are days that the girls stay in their beds all through the night and I wake up refreshed at the beeping of my alarm clock, when I do have those great, 30-45 minute quiet times.  Then there are mornings when the night before was rough and the morning rush begins a little too early, when my quiet time consists of reading one or two quick Bible verses and says a brief prayer. 

     Two resources that have really helped me is getting a daily email devotion from  IF:Equip and Christine Caine.  
You too can receive the emails at
1. IF: Equip     http://www.ifequip.com/
2. Christine Caine  http://www.christinecaine.com/

I know that everyone has their opinions on who are their favorite speakers and writers.  For me at the stage in my life, these two resources are both challenging and encouraging.  

Let me encourage you try to start you day with even just a few minutes with the Lord!  You will be surprised how much better you will be grounded throughout your day.
"On Christ the Solid ROCK I stand, all other ground is SINKING SAND!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjR_A2pGPrY

No comments:

Post a Comment