Tuesday, July 27, 2010

God made...

2 Corinthians 12:9
But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."


I see the creatures God made:
God made sheep
God made butterflies
God made dogs
God made cat
God made ducks
God made fish
And God made me!


These are the words of the book that I read to my daughter tonight as I put her to bed. After each God made....there is a verse that sort of goes along with the topic. One of the verses that jumped out at me tonight was the one that went along with GOD MADE BUTTERFLIES. The verse was, Isaiah 25:1, "O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things!"

Today I had a conversation with two of the moms in my daughter Ava's Gymboree class. One of the moms, well she is actually the nanny, of one of the little started talking about her child and how early she was born. My ears perked up because my daughter was also born very early. The nanny said that the little girl was born 3 months early, and had to be on a feeding tube, oxygen and a heart monitor up until just a few months ago. This child does have some delays/special needs that are noticable, but she is improving everyday!

While the nanny was telling me this I looked over at my daughter and thought how gracious God had been to our family. My daughter was born 10 weeks early, but only needed a little assistance with oxygen, and was able to come home from the hospital eating and breathing on her own. Though she did have to wear a heart monitor, it was only as a precaution. Also, now at a year and a half old she is pretty much caught up developmently with children who were now born prematurely!

But later tonight as I read this little book of my daughter's I was convicted. Was God not gracious to the other little girl's parents, just because she had more delays/special needs then my daughter? Absolutely not! God showed grace by allowing this little one to live. God has given grace continuously to this child and to her parents, to overcome some of the difficulties she is facing. Just because God does not answer our prayers or fix our problems the way we thing they should be, does not mean that His grace is insufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment